Jasmine Mason is the poet who penned the following words. She shared this with some of us at Monday morning's Bible study and - I have to say - I was so moved by this poem. It touched me, and I'm sure will touch you.
Jasmine, as some of you may know, has been facing quite a lot of medical issues in the past year and a half. This poem is evidence that her faith remains strong and her spirit unquenched. Keep Jasmine in your prayers.
Enjoy the poem!
A Message to Satan
Satan this is me again
You ought to know by now
I’m a Holy Ghost filled child
And to Jesus I only bow.
I’ve come to serve you notice
And all your demons in hell
Your kingdom’s gonna fall
(That’s the message in a nutshell.)
We, as the Church of God, are tired
Of you trying to push us around
You’ve taken things that belong to us
And we’re putting our foot down.
We’re taking what belongs to us
We’re stormin’ the gates of hell
We’re gonna take it all back
Then we’ll talk about how you fell.
We’re ready to do battle
And we know we’re gonna win
Because Jesus is on our side
And we have power over sin.
There’s nothing you can do or say
That will change how things turn out
‘Cause we’re going into battle
And we’re going in with a shout.
A shout that will shake
All of hell and all the chains
That you’ve bound all your prisoners with
We’re going to prove that our God reigns.
The foundation of hell will break
And all the chains will fall
All your prisoners are gonna walk out
Proclaiming that Jesus is Lord of all.
And once we’ve buried you
And all the inhabitance of hell
We’re gonna dance all over your grave
And talk about how your kingdom fell.
I just thought I’d serve you notice
And tell you what we’re gonna do
Now you have fair warning
Devil, we’re gonna stomp all over you!
This message is delivered to you
From a child of the King
Who has power in the name of Jesus
Over you and everything.
--JASMINE MASON, APRIL 2008
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
This poem inspired me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment